Tuesday, September 14, 2010

JCOM 2160 Reading 2

After looking at all this resume advice I definitely think I need to redo mine! There were a lot of good tips throughout the readings. One thought was mentioned a couple times, it said that every line on your resume is there to get you and interview. I thought that was great because that is your ultimate goal. It was interesting that it was recommended to put a link of your resume on your Facebook, Twitter and other accounts. More and more employers are looking at people’s web accounts and finding more information about individuals. Something interesting that I didn’t know was that you shouldn’t put references on your resume unless requested to do so, and if it is requested bring a separate sheet in just for references. I loved how resumes were compared to first dates, list your good qualities but not all of them, leave them hanging, the interview is where you really need to shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment